Easy~ R819 AOSP version is here!

Discussion in 'R819 Product Discussion' started by Neal Chow, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Neal Chow New Membercn

Heard some of you are curious for this... So...R819 Stock Android 4.2 version is now ready!

Most of you would like to know: Where is this ROM from?
    Sorry, I can only tell you that with some help of my friends in China, we made this build.

Since this is also an early build, there could be some bugs.

Thanks guys. Credits goes to all of you. (Omitting their names as they requested.)

Features:
    Almost pure AOSP version.
    Not rooted.
    No GMS.
    No Chinese application.
    As clean as it should be.

Short instructions on how to flash it:

1. Download it and copy it to sdcard. (I would suggest you to put it into a folder named "000" or something named with number, just to make it easier to find.)
    2. Shutdown the phone completely.
    3. Hold "Volume -" then press "POWER" to boot into RECOVERY
    4. Use the volume key to scroll down to highlighted item. Choose "Factory Reset" and use "Power" to confirm.
    5. "Wipe Cache" as well so that the phone won't cause random bugs after flashing.
    6. Choose "apply update from sdcard", and locate the ZIP file from the folder (like "000"). "POWER" to confirm.
    7. After you see "Install from sdcard complete.", reboot the device and enjoy it.

(I will post some screenshots tomorrow.)

Here's the download link: (skydrive)
    http://sdrv.ms/15Jigy4

ge.tt mirror is up:
    http://ge.tt/6uNQVor/v/0?c

MEGA mirror:
    R819_Stock_Android_4.2.2_wipe.zip
    https://mega.co.nz/#!AYch1TKa!cic5DFpctjsko7TeE08Qqn4fpYQCiJj5XcjZoXdevjQ

(I am short, but I am strong~)

Should be no problem to use ge.tt if you don't have a MS account...

Screenshot:
    Screenshot_2013-09-10-01-25-16.jpg

Screenshot_2013-09-10-01-25-31.jpg

Screenshot_2013-09-10-01-25-45.jpg

Screenshot_2013-09-10-15-20-57.jpg

Screenshot_2013-09-10-15-21-18.jpg
    Most languages supported including Japanese.

Screenshot_2013-09-10-21-55-00.jpg

NOTE: This ROM is tested on R819 International version ONLY but NOT the R819T (Chinese version).
    DO PLEASE WIPE EVERYTHING BEFORE FLASHING! I am not responsible for any lost if it bricks your phone.
  2. charlie2alpha Well-Known Membergr

If you don't me asking, how did you get this file? Is this tested to work with the international version of R819?
  3. Neal Chow New Membercn

Hah~~
    I don't have the R819T so I can't test if this works fine on R819T but I am using this version on International version of R819...

Kind of busy working on testing the rest bug of this.

What do you think?
  4. charlie2alpha Well-Known Membergr

I do not think anything yet, I am still waiting my R819 to arrive by mail.
  5. Allanitomwesh Memberke

Chinese forums most likely. Look at his nationality.Should work fine if you set language to English and remove Chinese apps with a root explorer.
  6. charlie2alpha Well-Known Membergr

Interesting, but have no idea what's the proper way to root this. I assume we'll know soon, it's a brand new device.
  7. Bob1988 New Member

Hello.

Is this THE original download from THE site and how is it work? THE r819 is boatload unlocked so i download THE file and put it on my device en done? Sorry if it is a stuppid question.(bad english)
  8. Neal Chow New Membercn

Nope.
    No such thing in Chinese forums at least for now.

They sell R819T in China and this one is meant for R819 International version.
  9. Matjaz Member

@Neal Chow:

can you post some pictures of the device with the ROM? Thanks!

And yes... I would also like to know where you got it from... just being precautious, since I dont want to brick or destroy my phone...

Cheers,
    Matjaz
  10. samusalo Memberfi

I used Framaroot, worked great.
    charlie2alpha likes this.
  11. CedZ Active Membergb

Be careful though. The R819T uses TD network which means the radio is different. It could brick the device if its different radio altogether. Not saying it definitely will, but there is risk.

Sent from OPPO Forums Mobile
    Murakh likes this.
  12. charlie2alpha Well-Known Membergr

Thank you for the information.
  13. Neal Chow New Membercn

1. Download it and copy it to sdcard. (I would suggest you to put it into a folder named "000" or something named with number, just to make it easier to find.)
    2. Shutdown the phone completely.
    3. Hold "Volume -" then press "POWER" to boot into RECOVERY
    4. Use the volume key to scroll down to highlighted item. Choose "Factory Reset" and use "Power" to confirm.
    5. "Wipe Cache" as well so that the phone won't cause random bugs after flashing.
    6. Choose "apply update from sdcard", and locate the ZIP file from the folder (like "000"). "POWER" to confirm.
    7. After you see "Install from sdcard complete.", reboot the device and enjoy it.
  14. Bob1988 New Member

I
    i dont have to root it or something els?
    This sound easy.
    And this is THE original file from oppo?

Tanks man!
  15. Entropy512 Well-Known Member

Motochopper works on the stock firmware. Don't know about this release.

Since either this ZIP is signed by Oppo or Oppo's recovery allows testkeys-signed images, no need to root your device or modify it in any way to flash this. However if this package doesn't include root, you'll need to root it and motochopper will hopefully work.
    dekwast and charlie2alpha like this.
  16. Neal Chow New Membercn

Normally this won't brick your phone if you use the R819 International version.

Will post some pics tomorrow.

R819 is an unlocked phone so you can flash this easily with Recovery. However, this ROM is just un-rooted and you can use some other third party PC application to root it if you want. I am just keeping it as clean as possible.

Sorry that I post this without making it clear enough.

THIS IS MEANT FOR R819 INTERNATIONAL VERSION AND ONLY.
  17. Bob1988 New Member

Can someone put some screenshots of THE stock aosp running oppo r819.

Tanks!
  18. charlie2alpha Well-Known Membergr

Take a look at the hands on video in Engadget, they tested the phone with the AOSP ROM.

Sent from OPPO Forums Mobile
  19. Matjaz Member

just in case, if i flash this, where is the initial rom located,so i can go back to oppo rom?
  20. Neal Chow New Membercn

Oops... Forgot to ask them for it... I can help contact Addel and see if they can release their Stock ROM soon.

P.S: no ETA.