Customer Service???

Discussion in 'Find 5 Product Discussion' started by lebakas, Jul 10, 2013.

1. lebakas Memberat

Update (for those who do not read till the end of the thread):
    • OppoStyle (the vendor with bad response time) is not part of Oppo
    • Oppo tried to help ... the issue got solved
    -------

Hello Oppo,

I hope somebody is listening. My display broke and I had to contact the customer service team - who have a sign on their page claiming a response time of 24 hours.

It took 3 days for the first answer (including the costs for a new display) I replayed immediately asking where I should send my Find5 to ... now I'm waiting since 4 days for an answer.

Dear Oppo, making good hardware is a great thing, listing to the community, when it comes to features also, but the customer service I'm facing right now is horrible.

Can anybody of you Product Managers do something about it?
  2. AfterDeath Community Managerbe

Please keep one thing in mind: Oppo has nothing to do with where you bought your phone. I presume you bought the phone from OppoStyle? OppoStyle is an official reseller, so with problems you have to go to OppoStyle. Oppo has no responsability there.
    You can read all about Oppo and OppoStyle in my FAQ (see signature)
    Murakh likes this.
  3. lebakas Memberat

Thank you, I was not aware of that.
  4. AfterDeath Community Managerbe

No problem. It's a common mistake ;). I hope they'll return to you as past as possible.
    But perhaps Oppo could also push OppoStyle a bit, because the service of OppoStyle has effect on Oppo too ;)
  5. Wesley Guest

Hey lebakas,

I'm really sorry that your have had a bad experience with replacing your device right now. I'll give a push to OppoStyle, and have them help you out.

We do our best to give our Ofans and customers the best experience that we can, and we know that OppoStyle wants to provide the same experience. We are sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with them, and we will do what we can to make sure you have a better experience.
  6. AfterDeath Community Managerbe

And that is why I really love Oppo. The staff appreciates input and does something with it. Keep it all up :)
    dekwast and Wesley like this.
  7. OppoStyle Active Member

Greetings Lebakas,

We are very sorry for the poor service you have experienced. This is not the type of service we want to offer our customers, and we strive to offer much better. I am sorry that you did not experience the best we have to offer.

We have already sent you information via your email on sending your device back to us, and one of our agents will personally be making sure you no longer experience any delays.

We hope this helps, and we are very sorry for the delays you have experienced. Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and please have a great day.
    Murakh likes this.
  8. lebakas Memberat

Thank you Wesley - I recieved the Feedback from OppoStyle 25 min. ago.

They now offered that I should order a new phone and get back the money for it, when they receive my broken phone ... not sure about the repairing costs so far. I sent a message back. Let's see what happens when.

Update: this time the response was fast. Looks like they are going to replace the phone anyhow, meaning I'll get a new one and they will send the money for the new phone back (repairing costs deducted).

AfterDeath, loving Oppo for it's effort to support customers, listing to the community is one thing, but I still feel no guilt for breaking the display, meaning it fell once (normally) and the touch-display stopped working a few days afterwards out of nothing ... and as I'm not the only one reporting such an issue here I still love their approach and the forum-support, but to be honest I lost trust in the product itself.
  9. Wesley Guest

I'm glad that they got back to you, and I hope everything from here on out goes smooth for you. Let me know if you need any more help.

I also wanted to say though that phones with a full 1080p screen are heavier then other phones, and it depends on how your phone falls. If the phone falls on the corner 9 times out of 10 it will receive more serious damage. The corners are the weak points on not just the Find 5, but most other phones and electronic devices. If the Find 5 gets hit on the corner, and the metal frame bends it can put pressure on the screen that in turn can cause additional damage to the device that may not show up right away.
  10. lebakas Memberat

So this means using the Find5 without any protection (case, bag) is a no-go.
  11. RichardHanooman Active Memberus

It's not recommended.

Sent from my X909 using Tapatalk 2
  12. Jell0zz Well-Known Membernl

Good to hear you guys came to a solution.

As far as weak corners are concerned.
    Any(!) device is weak on the corners. They're vital points for the body of the device.

And as with any device I'd recommend a case. But if you really don't want one just be incredibly careful with your device (I have been, and no issues this far)
  13. lebakas Memberat

At least they responded and I know how to move on. A solution ... I'm still pissed that the phone broke, after 2 weeks - in my point of view - for no reason and that it took additional two weeks to get an address where to send it to. A solution would be something that makes me happy and no, I'm not happy with the situation at all.

I still think that there has to be something special about the Find5 that makes it break more easily, maybe the weight, maybe the design that gets the glass quite close to the corner. I don't know. But if I'm right, I would have appreciated an early warning by Oppo. Maybe include some message in the shipping-box saying: "We highly recommend to use a case for this or that reason ...", then I would have nothing to complain about.
  14. dekwast Well-Known Membernl

I agree that a phone that breaks after a few weeks usage is one of the most annoying things there is.

For any company acknowledging a product is weak equals economical suicide, so that will never happen

But I think it would be good if OPPO would officially support a few proper cases and offer some coupon or discount for the case when someone buys a phone or gets a phone fixed. The community can help by reviewing the cases they are using right now.

Sent from OPPO Forums Mobile
    lebakas likes this.
  15. AfterDeath Community Managerbe

A case is always highy recommaded for any smartphone ;). I've got a friend who had the same phone as me. Bought it together. And in 2 years time, he broke his screen 6 times and mine never broke. So it's in the way you handle it/put it away. But I would recommand a case for every smartphone
    Murakh likes this.