Android spell check, how to disable it?

Discussion in 'OPPO Firmware (Discontinued)' started by sjaak, Apr 25, 2013.

1. zxcslo Active Membersi

Currently I use v4.6.3. Before I had v4.4.1 and before v4.2.3.
    I use English and Slovenian language for writing. Spell check, text prediction, spech text, all off...
    tjrolds likes this.
  2. tjrolds Memberph

I see that there is no problem with my Smart Keyboard Pro (v4.6.3) when I switch the default portrait style to T9 but with QWERTY or Compact mode it works well and it does not show the red correction markers.

I guess I just have to live with not using T9 (I'm used to T9 mode ever since though) or use Perfect keyboard (problem is it does not have a setting for multitap interval which is quite vital for me when fast-typing) T.T
  3. zxcslo Active Membersi

I just check and you are right. When I select T9 mode, then it doesn't work here also. Strange...
    In 2 years of using Smart Keyboard I never tried that. :)
    But for me that's not a problem, because I 'hate' T9.
    What about sending message to developers?

Sent from OPPO Forums Mobile
  4. Arctic Prodigy Well-Known Memberus

I use English spell check... I don't want to disable, but I am tired of seeing a big box of words come up when I click on the correct word in the prediction bar.... very annoying.
  5. sunbeam Memberde

Hmm, somehow I have problems with this workaround:

First, if I go to "Settings/Apps", there is no "Android Keyboard" on my phone, I guess it is the "Google Keyboard". No problem... but there is no possibilitdy do "disable" it. I can "Stop" it, but it will start running again and the red lines are still there.

Can you tell me what is my mistake?
  6. sunbeam Memberde

Well, I tried a lot, but no effect....the red lines are still there. I even uninstalled the all dictionarys (except german), but I still get the red lines with english spelling suggestions tapping on them.... I wondere where they are stored if all english dictionarys are removed...

Since I cannot disable the google keyboard (an android keyboard is not visible....or do you mean the same?): Those how could disable it, did you root your phone? Mine is not.
  7. sunbeam Memberde

Important: First uninstall the updates of googel-keyboard....only then it can be disabled.
  8. utopics New Memberit

9. Addel Product Managercn

Glad to tell that we'll add the option of spell check in the next firmware.
    776091, AIT-Solutions and tomaten like this.
  10. Addel Product Managercn

Please try the beta firmware released today. You'll see this option.:)